Treat the cause, not the symptoms
Have you ever wondered, why massage brings a few days relief and after the discomfort comes back again?
Dr Roger Sperry, Nobel Prize Recipient for Brain Research, proved that 90% of the brain energy is directed to coordinate a human’s body to the gravity, and only 10% is used for thinking, metabolism and healing. Therefore each time we shift our centre of gravity from alignment, we start using the energy to endure with excessive gravity force rather than use it for productive thinking and efficient self-healing.
For example, for every inch your head moves forward, an additional 5 kilos is applied to your neck to support this weight.
Each time we sway away from our ideal postural position:
- body loses its natural balance;
- muscles start working in a way they aren’t designed by nature: they become too tensed or too weak;
- over the time we adapt our posture to new muscle tone and start slumping, shrugging shoulders, pulling head forward, winging shoulder blades – the list goes on;
- since our body wasn’t originally designed to do this, it starts giving us signals in the form of pain.
Most of the muscular and joint pain results from a wrong posture. Massage (and any other therapy) can only bring temporary relief if postural misalignment isn’t taken into consideration.
Postural assessment can tell a lot to a massage therapist and other practitioner, such as chiropractor, physiotherapist, osteopath about issues that clients might have in their body.
When the body is in correct postural alignment, it moves evenly, distributes weight appropriately and allows us to use our muscles properly and to work more efficiently with less fatigue. The muscles, joints and spine work together to help us perform our daily activities without pain.
I offer postural assessment for free with your first remedial massage session:
- Postural assessment – 15 minutes – free
- Remedial massage treatment – 1 hour – $90
- Total treatment time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total cost $90
⇒ Experienced professional female massage therapist focusing on women’s health
⇒ Home based private massage studio in Carnegie
To book or enquire:
text 0439 798 098